Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014
• All Grades: Today’s Lunch: Pork Fritter/Bun, Sweet Potato Fries, Tropical Fruit, and Milk
• Today’s Birthdays: Trevin Hester
• Secretary Appreciation Day is today.
• The NED show yo-yo’s will be available for purchase after your lunch through next Wednesday. There are 3 types of yo-yo’s available as well as some accessories. The yo-yo’s are- the NED Yo- $7, The Boomerang- $10, and the Cosmic Spin- $15. Accessories are $4 each and include: Replacement strings, a Yo Holster, How 2 Yo DVD, and Amazing Yo-Yo Tricks DVD. Anyone purchasing a yo-yo will get a paper with instructions for sizing the yo-yo as well as some simple tricks. If you aren’t purchasing a yo-yo or any accessories, please head back to class. If you are purchasing items, please make your selection quickly so you can return to class. Please see Mrs. Miller if you have any questions.
• Spring pictures have been sent home. Your family can either purchase the pictures or return the pictures. Money or pictures need to be returned to your teacher no later than Friday, April 25th. See Mrs. Miller for any questions.
• 3rd thru 5th GRADE SUMMER SWIM: The Tippecanoe Valley Aquatic Club’s summer swim program is ready to start. First practice is Sunday, May 4th, from 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. at the TVHS pool. Swimmer must be able to swim the length of the pool. Practice is 2 times per week from May through July. There will be 5 swim meets. Cost is $50 per swimmer plus a USA Swim Card (unless you already have one). Please contact Coach Tom Alexander for more information 574-328-0462.
• Akron Parent Support Group will be sponsoring the Spring Fling on Friday, May 9th. The Dinner, sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce will be from 5-7 pm. Carnival games including- Ooey Gooey Nose Pick, Cake Walk, Ring Toss, several new Minute to Win It games, and lots more from 5:30-7:30. Raffle starting at 5:00. A few of the raffle items are: Flat Screen TV, Weight Bench, Grill, and lots more. Silent Auction from 5-7 with the Live Auction starting at 7:30. Auction Items include- classroom baskets, Duck Dynasty Basket, Lego Basket, and much more. Come for a night of family fun!
• Nick Patterson Memorial Fund - Applications are available in the office for the Nick Patterson Memorial Fund. This fund is to provide support for athletic camp scholarships for kindergarten through eighth grade male students attending Rochester Community Schools or Tippecanoe Valley Schools. Basketball, baseball, and football camps will have priority in the selection process. The Northern Indiana Community Foundation Office must receive this application on or before 4:00 p.m. Friday, May 2nd.
• 2013-2014 school yearbooks are available to pre-order. Cost is $13. Please complete the order form that was sent home and return it to the office. Order forms are also available in the office. Only a certain number of yearbooks will be available so get your order in now. Yearbooks will be distributed in May. See Mrs. Miller for any questions. This is a great way to preserve the memories from this school year.
• The Tippecanoe Valley High School Pool will be available for Open Swim each Tuesday and Thursday night from 6:00-8:00 p.m. from Tuesday, April 22nd, through Thursday, April 29th. It will also be available during the month of May on Monday and Thursday nights from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Open Swim is an opportunity for those who wish to swim for exercise or enjoyment. A lifeguard will be present; however, swimming instruction will not be provided. Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult. Proper swim attire is required. A fee of $2 per swimmer will be collected to cover lifeguard costs.
• Tabs for Hope - Mrs. Ruppel’s Third Grade continues to collect Pop Tabs for the Mad Anthony Hope House. This house provides housing for parents of critically ill patients that are in Lutheran Hospital. Your tabs can be placed in the little gold and black house by the trophy case. We have collected over 10# so far this year.