Monday, March 3rd, 2014
• All Grades: Today’s Lunch: Corn Dog, Sweet Potato Fries, Applesauce, Whales, and Milk
• Today’s Birthdays: Brookelynn Kamp and Weston Brown
• READ ACROSS AMERICA WEEK – Dr. Seuss Quotes
You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.
You’re on your own. And you know what you know.
You are the guy who’ll decide where to go.
• Mrs. Miller will not be in today.
• Market Day’s Bonus Days dessert orders are due today. Payment needs to be turned in with your orders. Remember, the class that sells the most desserts wins a pizza party!
• "Go Green for Dr. Seuss' Grinch" Day will be Wednesday, March 5th. Wear your favorite Dr. Seuss green!!!
• Don’t stop saving and bringing in your plastic caps! You guys are awesome! We have collected 259 lbs. There’s another prize in the works for the next 50# collected. The prize will be revealed soon! Everyone will be back at 0. Let the fun begin. Game on everyone!
• Flyer Time WILL NOT be is in session today through March 21st. It will resume on Tuesday, March 25th.
• Kindergarten Registration at Akron Elementary School - Akron Elementary School will hold kindergarten registration for the 2014-2015 school year will be tonight at 7:00 p.m., in the cafeteria. Students attending kindergarten during the 2014-2015 school year must be five years old on or before August 1, 2014. A birth certificate and shot records are required when the child is registered. Child Care will be provided for parents with young children. Early registration for kindergarten students is critical in planning for next year’s kindergarten program. If you have a child to be enrolled but are unable to attend registration, please contact the Akron Elementary School office at 893-4646 prior to March 3. The kindergarten registration program will last approximately one hour.
• The Akron Parent Support Group will be sponsoring Family Skate Night for 3rd thru 5th graders on Tuesday, March 4th, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. It will be at Eastlake Skate Center in Warsaw. There is no cost for students and their families for skates. Families are only responsible to pay for in-line skates and food if they choose. Families are responsible for providing their own transportation this night. Come enjoy a night of family fun!
• COOKING CLUB NOTICE: Cooking Club dates have been changed due to the extended school days in March. New dates are: March 25th, April 1st, April 15th, and April 22nd. April 22nd will be our last cooking club!
• 2013-2014 school yearbooks are available to pre-order. Cost is $13. Please complete the order form that was sent home and return it to the office. Order forms are also available in the office. Only a certain number of yearbooks will be available so get your order in now. Yearbooks will be distributed in May. See Mrs. Miller for any questions. This is a great way to preserve the memories from this school year.
• The Tippecanoe Valley School Corporation announces plans for making up the remaining four instructional days lost this year due to inclement weather:
1. Students will attend school on Friday, March 21, and Friday, May 30.
2. Two additional days will be made up by adding one hour of instructional time to the end of the normal school day starting Monday, March 3, through Tuesday, March 18. For every six hours of extended instructional time the Indiana Department of Education allows schools to make up a missed instructional day. If school is cancelled for any reason during this 12-day period, one hour of instructional time will be added to the next school day following the 12-day period.
3. Any additional cancellation days will be made up the week of June 2-6.