- Parental involvement and community support should be an intregral part of the educational process.
- Success is determined by individual potential, student commitment to learning and instruction in the appropriate learning style.
- The school climate should foster the desire for lifelong learning.
- Students should develop life skills necessary to become physically fit, socially responsible, and economically independent.
- Developing respectful attitudes toward diversity contributes to a positive learning environment.
Mission Statement: The Akron Elementary School community is committed to preparing every child for each educational transition. We provide a strong academic foundation and guidance in interpersonal and life skills, enabling students to become lifelong learners and responsible, contributing citizens.
PUBLIC NOTIFICATION STATEMENT - It is the policy of the Tippecanoe Valley School Corporation not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability, in its programs or employment policies as required by the Indiana Civil Rights Act (I.C. 22-9.1), Title VI and Title VII (Civil Rights Act of 1964), Title IX (Educational Amendments 1972), the Equal Pay Act of 1973, and Section 504 (Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973). Inquires regarding compliance with Title IX may be directed to the Assistant Superintendent, Tippecanoe Valley School Corporation, 8343 S State Rd 19, Akron, IN - Telephone (574) 353-7741; Inquires regarding compliance with Section 504 may be directed to the Director of Special Services, Burket Education Center, 5095 S 700W, Box 8, Burket, IN - Telephone (574) 491-2555.
2014-2015 TVSC Elementary Student Handbook
2014-2015 Student Class List
2014-2015 Student Supply List
Akron Elementary School was recently named by the Indiana Department of Education as Fulton County's top high-growth school for English/Language Arts. Using new data from the Indiana Growth Model, Akron Elementary School was honored because a large percentage of its students achieved high academic growth in English/Language Arts during the 2009-2010 school year.
According to Indiana State Superintendent of Public Instruction Dr. Tony Bennett, "For the first time ever, we have the ability to do more than just recognize high test scores; the Growth Model allows us to identify schools making the largest gains in student learning. No matter what a child's gifts and limitations - no matter what they know upon entering a classroom - we want to distinguish and praise those educators who meet students where they are and push them to reach their highest academic potential over the course of the school year."
Principal Chrissy Mills and the staff of Akron Elementary School are to be congratulated for being among the state's leaders in helping students achieve high academic growth.
Tuesday, January 20, 2015
• All Grades: Today’s Lunch: Corn Dog, Sweet Potato Fries, Applesauce, Gold Fish, and Milk
• Today’s Birthday: None
• Spirit Day will be Friday the 23rd. Dress as your favorite “Superhero”!
• Student Council T-Shirt order forms are due January 26, 2015. You must pay your $8 at the time of order. Please turn in order forms to Miss Reed or Mr. Adams.
• The Tippecanoe Valley School Corporation (TVSC) announces the dates on which the four school days missed recently due to inclement weather will be made up. School will now be in session in all TVSC schools on the following dates: Monday, February 2; Monday, February 16; Thursday, May 28; and Friday, May 29. As of right now the last student day will be Friday, May 29. Any additional school cancellation days will be made up the week of June 1-5.
• Any elementary student that wants to join the Tippecanoe Valley Elementary Wrestling team still can. Practices are Tuesday and Thursday evenings 6:30-8 at TVMS. Also, any fifth grader is welcome to join the TVMS wrestling team as well. For more information contact Scott Smith at
or 574-353-7031 x2310.
• Fulton County Soccer Association Spring 2015 will be taking applications at this time. You can pay online at www.fultoncountysoccer.org & click on “register online”. The deadline is Jan. 31st. After Jan. 31st, a $10 late fee will be assessed per player. Players 4 years old - 8th grade are eligible to play. Practice may begin the week of March 23rd. Call Julie King 574-835-3873 with questions. Please note, grades 3rd-8th travel.
"To view the Akron Parent Support Group web page, please go to Classroom Connect, then click Class Web Pages. Once you get to the class web pages, select Parent Group to find out information that the Akron Parent Support Group will be sponsoring or any new information that will be posted. At this web page you will also find pictures from events that have taken place so far this year by the Akron Parent Support Group."