- Parental involvement and community support should be an intregral part of the educational process.
- Success is determined by individual potential, student commitment to learning and instruction in the appropriate learning style.
- The school climate should foster the desire for lifelong learning.
- Students should develop life skills necessary to become physically fit, socially responsible, and economically independent.
- Developing respectful attitudes toward diversity contributes to a positive learning environment.
Mission Statement: The Akron Elementary School community is committed to preparing every child for each educational transition. We provide a strong academic foundation and guidance in interpersonal and life skills, enabling students to become lifelong learners and responsible, contributing citizens.
PUBLIC NOTIFICATION STATEMENT - It is the policy of the Tippecanoe Valley School Corporation not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability, in its programs or employment policies as required by the Indiana Civil Rights Act (I.C. 22-9.1), Title VI and Title VII (Civil Rights Act of 1964), Title IX (Educational Amendments 1972), the Equal Pay Act of 1973, and Section 504 (Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973). Inquires regarding compliance with Title IX may be directed to the Assistant Superintendent, Tippecanoe Valley School Corporation, 8343 S State Rd 19, Akron, IN - Telephone (574) 353-7741; Inquires regarding compliance with Section 504 may be directed to the Director of Special Services, Burket Education Center, 5095 S 700W, Box 8, Burket, IN - Telephone (574) 491-2555.
2014-2015 TVSC Elementary Student Handbook
2014-2015 Student Class List
2014-2015 Student Supply List
Akron Elementary School was recently named by the Indiana Department of Education as Fulton County's top high-growth school for English/Language Arts. Using new data from the Indiana Growth Model, Akron Elementary School was honored because a large percentage of its students achieved high academic growth in English/Language Arts during the 2009-2010 school year.
According to Indiana State Superintendent of Public Instruction Dr. Tony Bennett, "For the first time ever, we have the ability to do more than just recognize high test scores; the Growth Model allows us to identify schools making the largest gains in student learning. No matter what a child's gifts and limitations - no matter what they know upon entering a classroom - we want to distinguish and praise those educators who meet students where they are and push them to reach their highest academic potential over the course of the school year."
Principal Chrissy Mills and the staff of Akron Elementary School are to be congratulated for being among the state's leaders in helping students achieve high academic growth.
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
• All Grades: Today’s Lunch: Sub Sandwich, Carrot Sticks/Ranch Dressing, Pears, and Milk
• Today’s Birthday: Kaydence Shepherd, Owen Shumaker, and Michael Wright
• The Lady Flyers Volleyball team will be in action at Mentone against the Mentone Bulldogs this Thursday at 4:30 p.m.
• Market Day orders are due Thursday, October 2nd. You may turn them in to the office or do them online.
• Cafeteria Staff Appreciation Day is Wednesday, October 1st.
• Custodian Appreciation Day is Thursday, October 2nd.
• Nelson’s Port-A-Pit Chicken - When: Friday, October 3rd (Valley vs. Rochester Game), Where: Tippecanoe Valley High School Football Stadium, When: 4:15-6:15, Cost: $6.00/Half. Tickets can be purchased at TVHS or from any TVHS Student Council Member. Please buy your tickets in advance because we usually sell out FAST. It will be carry-out only.
• Akron Parent Support Group will be sponsoring the Family Fall Fest on Friday, October 10th, from 6-8. There will be Concessions sponsored by the Akron Chamber of Commerce and Jones & Company Catering from 6-8. Carnival games like the Ooey Gooey Nose Pick & Pop Ring Toss will be from 6-9. If you didn’t get enough to eat at dinner, come and purchase some TG’s Frozen Yogurt. Friends can dress up and get their picture taken at the Photo Booth. Don’t forget about the Raffle from 6-8. Lots of cool items including: 2 patio sets, a pop up canopy, Sky Zone & Zoo tickets, Darth Vader Fat Head, 2 Tablets, and much more. Akron’s Pride Council will be selling Lumiton’s light up sticks and sling bags. Come for a night of family fun!
• 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade Boys and Girls: INTRAMURAL FOOTBALL teams are posted outside of Mr. Ocock’s classroom. If you still would like to sign up to play on a team, you may do so by letting Mr. Ocock know. The games will be on Thursdays after school until 5:00 p.m. You must have a permission slip turned in to participate. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Ocock, Mr. Brumbaugh, or Mr. Rassi.
"To view the Akron Parent Support Group web page, please go to Classroom Connect, then click Class Web Pages. Once you get to the class web pages, select Parent Group to find out information that the Akron Parent Support Group will be sponsoring or any new information that will be posted. At this web page you will also find pictures from events that have taken place so far this year by the Akron Parent Support Group."