- Parental involvement and community support should be an intregral part of the educational process.
- Success is determined by individual potential, student commitment to learning and instruction in the appropriate learning style.
- The school climate should foster the desire for lifelong learning.
- Students should develop life skills necessary to become physically fit, socially responsible, and economically independent.
- Developing respectful attitudes toward diversity contributes to a positive learning environment.
Mission Statement: The Akron Elementary School community is committed to preparing every child for each educational transition. We provide a strong academic foundation and guidance in interpersonal and life skills, enabling students to become lifelong learners and responsible, contributing citizens.
PUBLIC NOTIFICATION STATEMENT - It is the policy of the Tippecanoe Valley School Corporation not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability, in its programs or employment policies as required by the Indiana Civil Rights Act (I.C. 22-9.1), Title VI and Title VII (Civil Rights Act of 1964), Title IX (Educational Amendments 1972), the Equal Pay Act of 1973, and Section 504 (Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973). Inquires regarding compliance with Title IX may be directed to the Assistant Superintendent, Tippecanoe Valley School Corporation, 8343 S State Rd 19, Akron, IN - Telephone (574) 353-7741; Inquires regarding compliance with Section 504 may be directed to the Director of Special Services, Burket Education Center, 5095 S 700W, Box 8, Burket, IN - Telephone (574) 491-2555.
2014-2015 TVSC Elementary Student Handbook
2014-2015 Student Supply List
Information on CANI
ISTEP PARENT LETTER 15
Akron Elementary School was recently named by the Indiana Department of Education as Fulton County's top high-growth school for English/Language Arts. Using new data from the Indiana Growth Model, Akron Elementary School was honored because a large percentage of its students achieved high academic growth in English/Language Arts during the 2009-2010 school year.
According to Indiana State Superintendent of Public Instruction Dr. Tony Bennett, "For the first time ever, we have the ability to do more than just recognize high test scores; the Growth Model allows us to identify schools making the largest gains in student learning. No matter what a child's gifts and limitations - no matter what they know upon entering a classroom - we want to distinguish and praise those educators who meet students where they are and push them to reach their highest academic potential over the course of the school year."
Principal Chrissy Mills and the staff of Akron Elementary School are to be congratulated for being among the state's leaders in helping students achieve high academic growth.
Friday, March 27, 2015
• All Grades: Today’s Lunch: Taco Salad, Carrot Stick, Bosco Stick, Peaches, Brownie and Milk
• Today’s Birthdays: Madison Rensberger and Taylor McGriff
• Weekend Birthdays: Roary Smith and Bobby Burke
• Tippecanoe Valley Youth Football League Board and coaches will be playing against Lake City Hoopsters in a fundraiser for Boomerang Backpacks and Riley’s Fund. They will play on Monday, March 30th, at Mentone Elementary starting at 7:00 p.m. Please come out to watch this great game and help support these two great causes. A free will donation for admission will be accepted. Also, we will have a bake sale and will be selling Mudlove “Vikings” bracelets. If you are interested in donating items for a bake sale, please contact Missy Turner at 574-527-3758 or message us on Facebook. Past TVYFL football players and cheerleaders, please wear your jerseys or cheer outfit. Please like our Facebook page—Tippecanoe Valley Youth Football League.
• Kindergarten Registration at Akron Elementary School - Akron Elementary School has rescheduled the kindergarten registration for the 2015-2016 school year for Tuesday, March 31st, at 6:30 p.m., in the cafeteria. Students attending kindergarten during the 2015-2016 school year must be five years old on or before August 1, 2015. A birth certificate, shot records and a valid email are required when the child is registered. Child Care will be provided for parents with young children. Early registration for kindergarten students is critical in planning for next year’s kindergarten program. If you have a child to be enrolled but are unable to attend registration, please contact the Akron Elementary School office at 893-4646.
• The Akron Parent Support Group will be sponsoring Family Skate Night. It will be at Eastlake Skate Center in Warsaw. There is no cost for students and their families for skates. Families are only responsible to pay for in-line skates and food if they choose. Skate night for Kindergarten through 2nd grade will be Tuesday, March 31st, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Families are responsible for providing their own transportation this night. Come enjoy a night of family fun!
• The Tippecanoe Valley High School Weight Room will be open over spring break, Monday-Friday 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Please enter the building using Door 8. All participants need to have Liability Waiver completed. Waivers are located in the weight room.
• Knitting Club - We will meet on the following dates from 3:45 pm-5:00 pm. April 2nd, 16th, and 23rd; May 7th.
• COOKING CLUB REMINDER!! The last cooking clubs will be March 31st.
• Akron Elementary School is selling yearbooks for the 2014-2015 school year. Order yours today to reserve your copy. A limited number will be ordered. Cost is $13. Orders can be turned into the office.
• OPEN SWIMMING AT TVHS sponsored by Tippy Valley Aquatic Club. It will be every Tuesday and Thursday from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in March & April. The cost is $2 per swimmer. If you have any questions, you can email at
• Is your child in need of health insurance?
CANI (Community Action of Northeast Indiana) and Covering Kids & Families of Indiana want to ensure that 100% of Hoosier children have the health care they need. If you or someone you know needs insurance, please give them a call. They can help you consider your options. Kosciusko County Outreach Specialist (574) 372-3548. Information is also available in the school office.
"To view the Akron Parent Support Group web page, please go to Classroom Connect, then click Class Web Pages. Once you get to the class web pages, select Parent Group to find out information that the Akron Parent Support Group will be sponsoring or any new information that will be posted. At this web page you will also find pictures from events that have taken place so far this year by the Akron Parent Support Group."