- Parental involvement and community support should be an intregral part of the educational process.
- Success is determined by individual potential, student commitment to learning and instruction in the appropriate learning style.
- The school climate should foster the desire for lifelong learning.
- Students should develop life skills necessary to become physically fit, socially responsible, and economically independent.
- Developing respectful attitudes toward diversity contributes to a positive learning environment.
Mission Statement: The Akron Elementary School community is committed to preparing every child for each educational transition. We provide a strong academic foundation and guidance in interpersonal and life skills, enabling students to become lifelong learners and responsible, contributing citizens.
PUBLIC NOTIFICATION STATEMENT - It is the policy of the Tippecanoe Valley School Corporation not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability, in its programs or employment policies as required by the Indiana Civil Rights Act (I.C. 22-9.1), Title VI and Title VII (Civil Rights Act of 1964), Title IX (Educational Amendments 1972), the Equal Pay Act of 1973, and Section 504 (Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973). Inquires regarding compliance with Title IX may be directed to the Assistant Superintendent, Tippecanoe Valley School Corporation, 8343 S State Rd 19, Akron, IN - Telephone (574) 353-7741; Inquires regarding compliance with Section 504 may be directed to the Director of Special Services, Burket Education Center, 5095 S 700W, Box 8, Burket, IN - Telephone (574) 491-2555.
2015-2016 Student Class List
Class Supply List 2015-2016
2015-2016 Student Handbook
Information on CANI
Akron Elementary School was recently named by the Indiana Department of Education as Fulton County's top high-growth school for English/Language Arts. Using new data from the Indiana Growth Model, Akron Elementary School was honored because a large percentage of its students achieved high academic growth in English/Language Arts during the 2009-2010 school year.
According to Indiana State Superintendent of Public Instruction Dr. Tony Bennett, "For the first time ever, we have the ability to do more than just recognize high test scores; the Growth Model allows us to identify schools making the largest gains in student learning. No matter what a child's gifts and limitations - no matter what they know upon entering a classroom - we want to distinguish and praise those educators who meet students where they are and push them to reach their highest academic potential over the course of the school year."
Principal Chrissy Mills and the staff of Akron Elementary School are to be congratulated for being among the state's leaders in helping students achieve high academic growth.
Friday, October 9, 2015Student Announcements
• All Grades: Today’s Lunch: Chef Salad, Peaches, Scooby Doo Crackers, WG Crackers and Milk
• Today’s Birthdays: Zackery Burke
• Weekend Birthdays: Andrew Arroyo-Rodriguez and Jasmin Cline
• Reading Club Quote of The Week: “Betty also flew barefoot. She liked for her feet to feel free.”
• Keep saving those Box Top! Our contest runs through October 23. Remember, the top two classes will win a party! There will also be a weekly drawing where one student from every grade level will win a prize!
• Come and join us tonight for our APSG Fall Fest. There will be lots of fun activities for students, families, and the community. The Akron Chamber of Commerce will sponsor supper from 5:30-7 p.m. in the cafeteria ala cart style. Raffle will be from 5:30-7 p.m. with winners being posted after the live auction. Some raffle items include: pop up canopies, outdoor fountains, certificates and coupons to lots of places like Eastlake Skating, Crazy Pins, and much more. Games including pop ring toss, ooey gooey nose pick, moon walk, cake walk, face painting, and many more will be from 6-8 p.m. Photo Booth will be from 5:30-8:30 p.m. TG’s Frozen Yogurt will be from 6-8 p.m. Silent Auction from 5:30-6:30 p.m. with the Live Auction starting at 7 p.m. Lots of cool items including classroom baskets/art projects, hand painted pictures and desk, grill, ottoman speaker, and much more. Presale game tickets are available for $6.00 for 20 punches from now until October 7th. Come for a FUN night with your family and help support the school.
• Student Council will be selling Lip Pops at the Fall Festival for $1 a piece or 2 for $1.50. We will also be selling Lumitons and Akron Flyer draw string bags for $5 each.
• The Ladies Akron Flyer Volleyball Team will play at Caston on Monday the 12th starting at 5:00 p.m. Good luck girls!!
"To view the Akron Parent Support Group web page, please go to Classroom Connect, then click Class Web Pages. Once you get to the class web pages, select Parent Group to find out information that the Akron Parent Support Group will be sponsoring or any new information that will be posted. At this web page you will also find pictures from events that have taken place so far this year by the Akron Parent Support Group."
"USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer"